Bicycle Tasmania is a member-based non-profit organisation whose mission is to enable more Tasmanians to ride bicycles more often.
A principal strategy for achieving this is by engaging with State and local governments to encourage allocation of resources to improving bicycle facilities throughout Tasmania. This strategy is described in the Creating Healthy Connections Campaign Report, which has just been released by Bicycle Tasmania.
We are seeking a motivated, independent and skilled communicator to lead this work, on a one or two day per week employment basis.
If you would like to express an interest in this position, please describe, on one page, why you are suited to this role, how you would prefer to go about the task and how you would describe success. The facilities development Plan can be found at www.biketas.org.au.
To obtain more information or submit your EOI, email firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31.
The following should be used as a rough guide only. Actual job description will be developed through discussions with Bicycle Tasmania and Bicycle Network Victoria.
Position: Bicycle Tasmania – Facilities Development Officer
Reports to: Bicycle Tasmania Executive and Bicycle Network Victoria Facilities Manager
Works Closely with: Tasmanian Non – Competitive Bicycle Users, Bicycle Network Victoria facilities development team, Bicycle Tasmania Members.
Purpose of this Position: Improve facilities and amenities for bicycle users in Tasmania.
1. Lobbying local, state and federal government to create funding for bicycle facilities
2. Hold State and Local Government accountable to plans and strategies
3. Gain support for specific metropolitan and regional projects
4. Prepare and submit submissions to planning & development consultations
5. Budget Submission and Proposals – Local, State and Federal
6. Assist political parties/advisors with policy initiatives and policy platforms relating to bicycle facilities
7. Conduct local, state and federal surveys of decision makers and political candidates
8. Represent Bicycle Tasmania on local, state and federal government and community groups.
9. Build, support, organise and support community support for priority projects
10. Facilitate dialogue between organisations, individuals and departments to ensure positive decisions regarding facilities development
Facilities Development Officer activities each year would be to:
1. Ensure existing projects keep moving
2. Lobby for start on new projects and funding availability
3. Build community support for future projects